1.04.2011

On a ROLL!

Okay so today I got an email from my boss asking me to bring my laptop along so I could get some howto Drupal videos on it.  I figured it'd be a good thing to have Drupal installed on my Windows machine too.
That was a whole different banana...  haha
So my biggest problem with Linux is that I had to keep giving MYSELF permission to access all the files, right?  I mean, besides the other problems...  and this time, I was thinking HURRAH I won't have any permissions to worry about!  
I went to this site for step by step: http://drupal.org/node/307956
So I copied the drupal files over to htdocs in XAMPP and tried to open up phpmyadmin, and got this error: #2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Back to Google! After some research, I figured out the problem is with the Antivirus software blocking XAMPP.  Fabulous.  I fixed those settings, and it seems to be doing alright so far!
Dontcha just LOOOOOVE when the computer tells you what to do?  
Virus Protection: "NO YOU CAN'T OPEN XAMPP IT'S NOT APPROOOOOOVED!" 
Me: "Uh, yeah I can.  I opened it."
Virus Protection: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!  YOU'LL RUIN EVERYTHING!"
Me: "Whatever."
I like Linux.  Linux lets you do whatever.  Just don't type in rm -f *.* and you're golden.  ;)
Hey, speaking of Linux, check out this awesome list of cool commands!  http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/linuxcommands.html
It's done.  XDD  That was much better than yesterday, I think it would've been good on MICK too instead of my laptop.  I'm going to start playing with Drupal now, so have a great day, and if something earth shaking or whatever happens, I'll blog about it.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment