1.03.2011

Drupal? Finally? AKA ADVENTURES Part 2!

So I have XAMPP, or LAMPP 'cuz it's for my Linux.  Good ol' MICK, I love my compy.  Anyways, what I did next is following this video:
However, I'm modifying it slightly, because I didn't want WAMP, I wanted XAMPP.  So far I've done it with exactly the same results.  I'll type if I run into a snag.
WOOO created a database!  Ooooh wow, this is sooo cool... 
kk, ran into a few snags.  The file didn't recognize that I was the root, so I couldn't get in to move the drupal files into the place I wanted it.  So I got in and changed permissions, but it didn't recognize me as an owner, even if I did have permissions.  So I used chown on it to give my username power to modify the LAMPP files.  I might need to log out and log in again, hang on...  Nope, I needed to changed the permissions lower down.  Man, this is all connected so amazingly...  wow.
Okay, got the permission changed, and I dropped Drupal into it.  Yehaw!  Now I wait to see what I'm supposed to do next...
Goodness, that was a TRIP!   Drupal is now installed, and tomorrow I think I'll start playing around with it.  What did I learn today?  Oh, a heck of a lot.
1. Permissions.  They're EVERYTHING with Linux.  So when Mr Bravo made us play with them so much in our Linux class, there was actually a really important point to it.
2. That would've been better to know before I started out installing XAMPP and Drupal
3. But it's okay, 'cuz I know now.
4. Documentation is rocking awesome!  Now I can review this!  YEAH!
5. Ahh, sweet success.  You just can't beat the feeling of successfully installing something using a Linux terminal.  And also the GUI stuff.  I just love it when things work.
6. Like I said in the previous post, know where the chocolate is.
7. Google is your best friend. So is sudo su.

1 comment: