4.02.2011

Breathe in...

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So I got it working!  I mean the View... heh never mind.
Let me try that again:
Views are part of Drupal.  They make everything easier. For instance, say there are a bunch of links I want to post.  A non-drupal website would state that first you make the page with HTML (which means you copy/paste everything to make sure it looks the same, which is just fine for normal websites that only have a few you need to do) and THEN you make the page. After the page has been made, you snag the link and make a new page where you paste all the links there, and when you add a new one, you have to go through and update the whole page.
It reminds me of the Pronoun song from Grammer rock: "'Cuz pasting all those links over and over can really wear you down..." ;)  hahaha
SO I could've gone with that, and it would've been fine, but it would've used a lot of time that I could've used for more important things.
So I tried to learn how to do a View.  And I don't know how it happened, but with the help of taxonomy terms and a view and a menu link, I have the list of links that will show to the roles that they need to show to!
* HAPPY TAPPY DANCE!! *
So it'll basically update itself when I add new pages that have to do with it!!  YAAAAAAY!!!

Hey, it's gorgeous outside, and it's been a SUPER DUPER FANTASTIC DAY!!!  I love LOVE LOVE Conference!!!!!  :D <3

No comments:

Post a Comment