3.29.2010

Never again... and the Garden

I'm never naming another blog Happy [Insert Month here] [insert date here] again.  Because my crazy friends on Google Buzz will never stop posting on it.  :P  :D  haha
That being said, I should blog about something...  because I haven't for a while.
OH!!!!!!!!
I started another GARDEN!  Last year's garden was awesome!  It was crazy though, because we technically started late.  We got everything ready to go I think by Memorial day.  And I think we planted indoors in the middle of April, but I don't quite remember.  I should check my journal.  Anyways, I planted tomatoes and some other plants the Monday before St Patty's day, and they're coming up looking healthy and awesome!  The peppers take so long!  I hope they'll all come up.  So far, the yellow peppers seem to have sprouted.  And as per normal gardening, whenever Dad and I find a plant that grows in purple, we plant it.  This year's garden will sport:
Purple Peppers
Purple Cabbage
Purple Basil (my personal favorite, I love basil!)
Something else that's purple, romaine lettuce, I believe
BEETS!  Lots of beets!  I LOVE BEETS!!!  They're especially good when Mom uses her sweet skillz to pickle 'em!  NOM!
We almost got purple carrots, but that seemed a bit overboard... and they were way more expensive than normal carrots.
I'll be posting pictures of 'em eventually, I love to photograph the awesome garden.  Dad and I also found some black hollyhocks, so that's going to be really fun to see how those turn out, they might be as cool as the candy cane striped Zinnias, but I'm not sure, those will be pretty awesome!
And I've never grown cherry tomatoes before, but we have some of those!
And the Yellow Peppers are going to be fun, of course!  I love having so many different colors in the garden.
Roma tomatoes too, so hopefully we'll have some fun with Salsa this year.  AND I got some strawberry seeds to sprout!  * gasp! *  I didn't know if those were going to come up, but they're so cute and tiny, and a few have sprouted!
And right now, the best spot in our house to grow these plants indoors is in my parent's bathtub... poor people... they're very patient with the whole thing, but I'll have some scrubbing to do when everything has been planted outside...  :D

4 comments:

  1. It may be a little late for this but another thing to add to your "purple" collection would be purple beans! They are YUMMY! We planted them last year! (They turn green when cooked.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea... It might be too late though. BUT NOT FOR NEXT YEAR!!! XD
    We also do want to try purple carrots, they just sound too cool... ;)
    You should follow my blog, I only have 3 followers, and it's starting to become a complex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we haven't planted ours yet so you may still have time. I will check with my mom on that though. Also I will follow but don't yet have a blog myself. (Working on that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you only have GREEN beans, or ORANGE carrots? Why always have purple, besides the fact that you're crazy? I'm crazy and I don't have all green stuff even though I like green! YOU IS NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete